We will always endeavor to develop excellence in behavior and academics in all our students. Our students stand out distinctly for their knowledge, attitude and skills. As expressed by one of our students, “I am glad I am studying in such a school where values are more important than marks, participation is more important than winning and trying is more important than success!”
We believe that when the school and parents work in a spirit of trust and co-operation, it creates the best environment for children. To establish positive relationships and mutual understanding, the school has a number of opportunities for interaction with parents.
- Orientation to help parents of new students understand the system and familiarize themselves with the teachers.
- Parent –Teacher meetings for a healthy exchange of information, expectations and guidelines.
- Parent-Teacher Association that works towards the welfare of all children and supports the school and its policies.
- Weekly Information Cell is available for parents, where individual queries and concerns can be discussed regarding the child.
- Access Days and Open House for parents to understand the core aspects of the curriculum and discuss the student progress.
- Parent workshops at different grades that guide parents towards creating a healthy environment at home to support children’s development.
- Parents are welcome at our Annual Cultural Day and Sports Meet to watch their children perform.
- Communication is further strengthened by instant notifications through SMS and E-mail service.
Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Vidyalaya, Borivali, a branch of Bombay Cambridge Gurukul (BCG), established in 1998 and since then it has led the field of education with path-breaking innovations. Few milestones in the Timeline of the institute are:
- DSRVB introduces new logo and flag for Sports Meet
- First on-line student survey for Std X
- DSRVB goes international! Affiliation to Cambridge International Board!
- Classrooms go SMART with digital boards
- Received British Council International School Award.
- School magazine goes digital
- Inter-BCG Sports matches introduced
- New PE Uniform introduced
- Tie eliminated from school uniform
- Personal Safety Education Programme for Primary School
- DSRVB is recognized for merit in education with Ramkrishna Bajaj National Quality Award.
- Dept. of Research introduces in-house custom designed books for students.
- Personal Safety Education Programme for Primary School.
- Acknowledgement in credits of the movie “Taare Zameen Par”.
- Cycle tests introduced.
- Athlein, the inter-BCG Sports event introduced
- Study camps for Std. IX.
- Self-defence course for girls.
- BCG students invited to meet President APJ Kalam.
- Awarded the ISO 9001: 2000 certificate for quality
- First Std. X batch passes out from DSRV-B with 100%!
- Unison: Inter – BCG competitions for students.
- Std. IV goes for their 1st overnight camp!
- Life Skill Education for the students of Std. VI to X.
- Gurukul Song introduced.
- Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Vidyalaya, Borivali established
- Workshops for students and parents.
- Provisions from S.S.C. Board for differently-abled students.
- Career Awareness Programme for Std. X students.
- Crossroads-a career guide, as gift for Std. X students.
- Adolescence Education Programme introduced for students of Std. IX.
To develop individuals who are sensitive and resilient, able to navigate life with compassion, objectivity and equanimity; and will always seek to generate solutions to create a healthy and harmonious society.
Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Vidyalaya, will provide for students a dynamic learning environment that is reflective, sensitive, empowering and is committed to developing excellence in academics and behavior.
“When the veil of intellectual knowledge of “avidya”, is swept aside, a flood of light breaks upon the awakened soul and a universal self is achieved.”
– Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
Sensitivity is the unfolding of human potential, as awareness of self and its relationship with the environment are realized. The consciousness of giving and receiving as a natural act of responsibility is the essence of sensitivity.
Courage is defined as strength or bravery in the face of fear or pain. To be fair, to be true and to have faith in the unseen indicates a strength of character, and the courageous build character through being honest, defending what is good and right, and by caring enough to act.
Reason is the base of all human thinking and action. Reason is the quality of integrating perceptions and intellect into meaningful and objective knowledge. Reason is the ability to go beyond one’s human-ness to understand the world around us as it is.
Integrity is the quality of being whole or unified. The self of a person is made up of his / her experience, emotions, intellect and interpretations. The integration of all these to result in a learning that moves from the natural to the social to the spiritual is integrity.
‘Be Natural Through Social For Spiritual.’
The Bombay Cambridge Gurukul logo symbolizes the five basic elements – Earth, Water, Fire, Air and Ether. They are the basic substance of all Matter, the Energy that breathes meaning into the Form it assumes.
Education is the realization of this Form (the self), it’s potential to interact with the Environment(space), and to learn and grow into higher realms of Thought.